Build on your existing knowledge of Desire2Learn. Explore advanced tools for managing your online course, learn about higher-level course setup features, and more.
- [Narrator] The deeper you get into any course management system the more tools and tricks you'll discover. D2L, also known as Desire2Learn, is no exception. Hi I'm Alan Ackmann, I teach in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse Department at DePaul University and I've been an avid user of D2L for over five years. Throughout this course we'll uncover some of the hidden gems of D2L and I'll demo features that are either somewhat buried or that have a higher degree of difficulty than basic content. We'll demonstrate advanced course management tools like using chat windows and sending automated emails and we'll cover some highly useful reporting tools to gain insight into course and student behavior.
We'll also cover advanced quiz question types and assessment tools like surveys and e-portfolios. Finally we'll take a look at some higher level course setup features like copying over existing courses and adding new users. By the end of this course you'll build on your existing knowledge of D2L by taking full advantage of its capabilities. So let's get started.
- Using the Attendance tool
- Communicating through the D2L chat feature
- Accessing and tracking student progress
- Viewing class-wide statistics and data
- Setting up matching, ordering, and arithmetic quiz questions
- Developing a question library
- Designing a custom rubric
- Setting up student self-assessments
- Importing, exporting, and copying course components
- Adding new users to a D2L course