In Desire2Learn (D2L) users can view specific information on analytic rubrics, seeing data for each scoring point. In this online training video, Alan Ackmann demonstrates how to view and interpret D2L rubric information.
- [Instructor] In addition to streamlining grading,…D2L Rubrics can also provide insight…into a class's performance overall,…through Rubric reporting features.…To access Rubric reporting features,…be in here in the Rubrics tool.…Then scroll down and select the dropdown…next to your chosen Rubric.…Then choose View Statistics.…Here you'll see a list of all the assessment items…associated with your rubric.…It already contains some high-level information,…such as the number of total assessments,…the average level, as well as the average overall score.…
To get more granular information for an item,…however, select this little icon…that looks like a bar chart.…If you click on this,…you can pull up the Rubrics statistics…for that specific drop box item.…From here, you can see things like the frequency…of overall level data points,…which is a very helpful high-level view,…to see what percentage of students…are getting what overall performance.…More interestingly, though,…depending on how you set up your Rubric,…you might see much more granular reporting options here,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.