Desire2Learn (D2L) lets students view a wide variety of media files, including video and audio files, PowerPoints, and embedded streaming video. This online training video demonstrates how to view the most common types of media in D2L, and how to troubleshoot D2L media players.
- [Instructor] One of the great advantages…of a course management system like D2L is the opportunity…to view media content from directly within the system.…The media viewing options…within D2L can a be a little bit quirky, however,…due to the high variability in uploadable…and streamable content, and whether that content plays…nicely with your specific setup.…If you've got a video that's been directly embedded…from a YouTube link, that's the most straightforward.…And as you can see here, the player for YouTube will operate…in much the same way as when you're viewing…natively within YouTube itself.…
In order to add a video from YouTube, by the way,…it's a simple matter of going into the Upload/Create area,…choosing Video or Audio, and then pasting in the URL…or the embed code, which will create a player…directly within D2L itself.…If you aren't dealing with something that originated…as web-based content, however, things get a little trickier.…For example, the video's operability might be constrained…by the kind of video you're actually dealing with.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.