Desire2Learn (D2L) automatically gathers data on grades, course enrollments, logins, and learning outcomes. In this online training video, Alan Ackmann shows how to view, use, and interpret classwide statistics and data.
- [Narrator] D2L has several preset options…for viewing course-wide reports.…The first is here in the Classlist tab,…where you can view enrollment statistics only by…clicking on this command.…This page shows, at a glance,…the total number of users affiliated with a course,…as well as their different roles.…Scrolling down, you can also see the withdrawing list,…which is useful,…in case a student ever goes missing from your roster,…and you need to verify…that there wasn't an enrollment glitch.…Even more helpful, you can select the class engagement tool,…which will show how many students haven't visited…in the last seven days, who is visiting when,…and how often they interact with discussion boards.…
For more detailed reporting insights,…you can also visit the class progress tool,…which is available through the course administration page,…down here in the learner management section.…This page shows insights into how users have interacted…with course content,…their progress toward learning objectives,…their total number of logins,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.