The Brightspace Daylight update in D2L contains an updated version of their recording tool, which allows video and audio recordings in content most content areas. This online training video covers the process of recording a video note, as well as playing back these recordings in the content area.
- [Instructor] The video note tool in D2L Brightspace…allows users to record brief video clips…and embed them directly into course content.…To use this tool, navigate to any element of D2L…that uses the content editor.…In the editor, right in the upper left-hand corner,…you'll see an icon that looks like…the play symbol of a video recorder.…Select it, and then on the resulting menu,…choose Video Note, and there you are.…Or more accurately, there I am.…
This links directly into the webcam that…we've got set up here in our booth.…As you can see, you've got a nice window…into my recording environment.…You can record a webcam video right here,…assuming that you are well-lit and you're not too…washed out and people can see you.…Or you can go and upload a file directly…if you've got something you've previously produced.…To record webcam video, it's actually…a pretty straightforward process as you can imagine.…You go right here into Record Webcam Video…and then down here to New Recording.…
Give New Recording a click, and as you can see here…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.