The quiz feature of Desire2Learn (D2L) can take a wide variety of appearances in the student view, depending on how the professor has configured the quiz feature. This online training video demonstrates a range of forms that online quizzes in D2L can take, and how these configurations impact the student experience.
- [Instructor] D2L has rather robust…quiz-making functionality,…which can be applied to everything…from an out-of-class knowledge check,…to an in-class reading quiz,…to a lengthy final exam.…Exams and assessment can be stressful…under even the best of conditions, though,…so this clip will let you know…what your students can expect…when taking their own quizzes.…That's why we're logged in here…as one of our student profiles.…To begin taking a quiz, students will go to the Quizzes tab,…though they can also access individual quizzes…from the Content area or anywhere else…you've set up an internal link.…
On this tab, students will see a list of active quizzes,…whether completed, ongoing, or forthcoming.…They'll click on the quiz that they want to take,…and the landing page for that quiz…will show a number of initial settings,…including the active available date range for the quiz…and the time limit and number of attempts allowed.…If you've included or enabled any special instructions…for how to approach this quiz,…your students will see them here.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.