Submission folders are the feature of Desire2Learn (D2L) where students can submit assignments and activities for grading and review, and also receive secure feedback on submissions. This online training video shows teachers how to set up a Dropbox folder and configure folder properties and availability restrictions, as well as how to sync the Dropbox with gradebook and rubric assessment.
- [Instructor] The assignment submissions folder area of D2L…is where students can submit their assignments,…whether completed during class or outside of class.…Even better, you can link submission folders…to other course components, like the grade book…or assignment rubrics.…To create a new submissions folder,…select new submissions folder.…This will take you to the main submission folder interface.…Give your folder a name such as in our case,…short assignment number two, and then next,…decide whether this folder should be…an individual submission folder or a group submission folder…which is an option you should see…if you've previously created small groups within D2L.…
Next, assign the folder to any categories.…I usually like creating some sub-categories…like major assignments and class activities,…which helps keeps things fairly organized.…But if you'd like to avoid assigning a category entirely,…that's fine, too.…Next, associate the dropbox with any grade items…you've previously created or create a new grade item…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.