Student self-assessments in Desire2Learn (D2L) allow students to take practice quizzes that help prepare them for other hig- stakes events. This online training video demonstrates how to set up a self-assessment, as well as how to add questions and provide feedback.
- [Instructor] At the beginning of a term,…or even at regular intervals, it might be helpful…to have your students take personal stock of how well…they understand the material, so they can have an accurate…sense of their goals and comprehension.…In D20 this is done through self assessments.…Think of self assessments as quizzes without…a graded component, they're simply a diagnostic.…To create a self assessment, pull up the self assessments…tool, which can be found appropriately enough,…here under the self assessments tab,…of the course administration page.…
To create a new assessment, select new self assessment,…you'll be taken to a placeholder screen,…where you can put in basic information.…Give the assessment a name, something like…mid-term self assessment, for example.…You can then assign the assessment a category,…should you choose.…Designate whether you would like hints to be available.…And finally, choose whether you'd like the assessment…questions to be randomized, at the assessment level.…When you're satisfied, hit save.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.