The gradebook feature of Desire2Learn D2L can automatically calculate grades and communicate them to students. This tutorial demonstrates how to set up a gradebook, manage grades, configure schemes, enter individual grade items, sync the gradebook with other course activities and objectives, and release final calculated or adjusted grades for student viewing.
- [Instructor] The grade book features is one of the most…helpful elements of D2L, making calculations much easier,…and if you make the grade book available to students,…much more transparent as well.…When actually setting up a grade book though,…the degree of difficulty means that…it's easiest to just apply the grade book set-up wizard.…You can access the grade book through…the assessments area of the Course Administration tab…by selecting grades.…As you can see, the initial set-up wizard…displays some default settings.…Don't worry though, you can modify these as we go along,…and we'll talk about all the implications…throughout the video.…
For now, let's just scroll down and select start.…The first step is to choose a grading scheme.…In the first option, Weighted,…you break assignments up into categories,…and then each assignment receives…either a percentage of the overall total…or of an individual category total.…Option number two, Points, works in basically the same way,…only instead of calculating percentages…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.