When teaching online with Desire2Learn (D2L), students often benefit from going through tasks in a predetermined order. This online training video demonstrates how to use release conditions, which can delay releasing some course components until other elements of the course have been completed successfully, allowing instructors to direct students through the most productive path.
- [Instructor] When you're teaching with D2L,…especially online, sometimes you need…fairly fine-grained control to ensure…that students are completing one specific action…before beginning another.…That's where release conditions come in.…A release condition is basically a condition…that a user must meet…before certain content will be released to them.…Since almost any element…of D2L can have a release condition,…we're just gonna pick something to demonstrate.…Let's say a quiz, so we'll open one up now.…Settings for release conditions are usually found…on the Restrictions tab, and if we scroll…down a little bit, there we are,…an option where we can attach release conditions.…
We haven't made any release conditions yet,…so we're going to select Create and Attach.…The first step here is to select the condition type,…and as you can see, there are a lot of them.…There are awards conditions, where material is only released…after an award has been earned and distributed.…Checklist conditions, where students can't take an action…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.