Desire2Learn (D2L) provides many opportunities for teachers to set up in-platform activities and assessments. This online training video covers setting up a quiz in D2L, configuring automatic assessment options, and linking quizzes and gradebook items.
- [Instructor] To set up a quiz in D2L,…choose Quizzes from the assessment portion…of the course administration pane,…and then select New Quiz.…This will take you to the New Quiz interface.…Begin by naming the quiz.…We're going to go with something simple,…like Reading Quiz.…Then assign the quiz a category, if you choose.…This can be something like reading quizzes,…unit one quizzes, or in-class quizzes.…If you choose to write out a description of the quiz,…you can do so here in the Description field.…
Do note, though, that the description…availability is set to Off, by default,…so if you'd want it to be viewable to students,…you'd need to toggle that description to On.…You can also add any headers or footers,…which will customize the quiz experience.…You also have some versatility with advanced options.…For example, this option will allow you…to customize whether the quiz allows hints,…if you take the time to write some hints for questions.…You can also disable right click,…which is something that would…automatically print a quiz if you're using a Mac.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.