Giving individual feedback on student assignments in Desire2Learn (D2L) can be greatly simplified through the assignment rubric tool, which securely communicates frequent comments and calculates scores. This online training video covers setting up holistic and analytic rubric properties and types, as well as major levels and criteria, as well as how to link rubric based evaluation with Dropbox and gradebook items.
- [Instructor] Setting up an assignment rubric…can considerably simplify grading in D2L…as well as make grading more transparent for your students.…To create a rubric, head down to the assessments area…of the course administration pane…and then select rubrics.…Our environment came prebuilt with several rubrics…which you may or may not see in your own environment.…In any event, to create a new rubric, select new rubric.…Once you're in that screen, give your rubric a name…and then add a more detailed description of the rubric…or purpose if you'd like.…
We're going to begin with Sample Holistic Rubric.…By default a rubric is set to draft status…which is good since setting up a rubric…often involves a little bit of tinkering.…The next thing to establish…is whether you're making an analytic rubric…or a holistic rubric.…In an analytic rubric you can have multiple categories…and individual point values associated…with each item in those categories.…A holistic rubric, on the other hand,…doesn't quite have the same level of arithmetic.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.