Once you've created a discussion board in Desire2Learn (D2L), it's time to start participating. This online training video demonstrates tips and best practices to create a thread on a discussion board, follow a post or conversation, and respond to posts that others have created,
- [Instructor] Almost any D2L course,…especially one offered exclusively online,…is probably going to have some kind of discussion board.…This video will show you the ins and outs…of posting to a discussion board,…both for you and your students,…as well as give you several other ways…of interacting with the board.…A discussion board is divided up into forums and topics,…where a forum is basically a collection…of several topics styled around a similar theme.…At the top of each forum, you'll see a description…of objectives and content, and also see descriptions…of individual topics.…
Towards the end of a term,…this board can get a little bit cluttered,…so if you want to simply the interface,…you can use this drop-down menu…to hide individual topics and minimize the clutter.…When you're ready to post on the topic,…simply select the topic name.…You have two main options for interacting with a topic,…either creating a new thread…or replying to an existing thread.…To start a new thread, select Start New Thread.…This pulls up the standard D2L text editor.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.