Keeping assignment deadlines and availability windows consistent when copying courses from one section to another in D2L can sometimes be a challenge. This online training video demonstrates the manage dates tool in D2L, which makes editing dates in bulk much easier.
- [Instructor] The Manage Dates tool in D2L…allows you to adjust availability dates and deadlines…for multiple items simultaneously…and to see all of the date-related information…about your course in one convenient interface.…To begin, select the Manage Dates tool…from here in the site resources area.…From here, every piece of content within your course…is available within a single table.…You can filter the table…by specific tool types, if you'd like,…like announcements or assignments, for example,…and then apply the filter for easier manageability.…
But I typically like seeing everything here all at once.…Within the table, you'll see a very convenient breakdown…of every single item's associated due dates,…start dates, and end dates,…as well as whether it's available…to be viewed in the calendar or viewable by students at all.…You can adjust any of these items from within the table…directly if you would like.…Or if you'd like to apply edits…to multiple items simultaneously,…just select those specific items…and then choose from the top, bulk edit dates,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.