- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] One of the clearest trends in teaching is the move towards course management systems, which take advantage of fresh technologies to help students and teachers succeed. And one of the most prominent of these platforms is Brightspace by D2L. This LinkedIn Learning course will explore some of the latest and most essential features of Brightspace by D2L, building a course from scratch and showing how D2L can be used in face-to-face and online contexts. We'll cover communicating with students, classroom management and assessing work through quizzes, rubrics and grade books.
You'll learn how to customize D2L to fit your course's needs. I'll also share some tips I found most helpful in working with D2L. I teach at DePaul University, and I've used D2L and Brightspace for over five years to streamline course administration and improve my teaching. So come along with me and enjoy learning Brightspace by D2L 2018. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid sense of not only how to use D2L but also why you'd use it, and most importantly, how it can benefit students. So let's get started.
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.