D2L lets instructors import, export, or copy course components—or even entire courses—from one section to another. In this online training video, instructor Alan Ackmann demonstrates the import, export, and copy process.
- [Instructor] Setting up a course in D2L…can be time-intensive, but if you're teaching…the same course more than once,…you don't need to build the course from scratch every time.…That's because of D2L's quite handy ability…to let you copy an entire course.…To begin, make sure you've selected your new course,…the one you want to fill with information.…We're using a simple Sandbox course right now,…and, as you can see, it's pretty barren,…not a whole lot going on in any of the main course areas.…To correct that, we're going to head on over here…to the course admin page, and then, under site resources,…choose import/export/copy components.…
Here you have a few options.…First you can copy components from a parent template…if you've got a starter template…that's been pushed out by your institution, for example.…You can also export any components from this class…or import components from another section.…We're not necessarily interested…in any of those options, though.…What we want to do is copy things over…from an existing area.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.