The Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace Daylight update contains a new feature called the activity feed, which is a social media inspired news feed that allows you to post quick updates and interact with your students and other users. This online training video demonstrates how to set up the course activity feed, as well as use it effectively.
- [Instructor] The activity feed widget…in Brightspace by D2L is a Home Page feature…that allows you to easily direct students…to new content and allows students…to interact with both you and one another.…To give students access to this widget,…you may have to put it on your Homepage,…which is easy enough.…First, head on over to the Course Administration area,…then select Homepages.…Find and select your Active Homepage,…scroll down to Add Widgets.…
Choose the Activity Feed widget.…Select Add and then hit Save and Close.…And you're off and running.…When we return to the Course Homepage,…the Activity Feed widget is right here waiting for us.…Now, as we alluded to earlier,…this feed is interactive,…which means we have to introduce some content.…To do that, just select the plus symbol…or click within the Create a Post area.…From here, you can either post announcements…or entire assignments.…
For announcements, just add your text,…and then attach any files, links to course items,…external Web links, external content storage,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.