Desire2Learn (D2L) has a built-in email function that lets you contact individual users directly, or email an entire class list. Alan Ackmann highlights the most useful functions of D2L email, including sending messages, setting priorities, and avoiding common mistakes.
- [Instructor] Email is swiftly becoming my main way…of communicating with students,…and in an online course, it's often the only way.…Fortunately, D2L has built-in email functionality.…To email students, begin by clicking on the class list tab,…which takes you to your course's active roster.…If you want to email someone individually,…just select the dropdown menu next to their name…and then choose send email.…Just like most core email interfaces,…you can add recipients, attach files,…or designate priorities.…
When you're finished with the content,…just scroll back up to the top of the interface…and select send.…Now if you want to email multiple users,…you can designate them as recipients…simply by selecting the check boxes next to their names.…And when you hit the email command,…everyone you've chosen will be included.…If you wanna email an entire class roster all at once,…things get a little bit more complicated.…I've seen colleagues try to email a class list…by selecting right here…and thinking that it will select all users.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.