The awards tool of Desire2Learn (D2L) gives instructors the ability to encourage students and acknowledge strong performance by issuing rewards to individual users. This online training video demonstrates how to create an award in D2L, as well as how to issue and revoke badges and certificates.
- [Instructor] If you really want to help motivate…your students or acknowledge especially successful behavior,…consider using the D2L Awards tool…which will allow you to distribute virtual symbols…of recognition viewable through your users' profiles.…You can create and distribute awards beginning here…in the Course Administration section…by using the Awards tool underneath the Assessment area.…There are two basic kinds of awards,…badges and certificates.…Badges are award icons, many of which are available…preloaded into D2L.…
You can preview your selections here…in the Award icon library.…These badges become associated with…your users' D2L profile.…Certificates on the other hand are prebuilt templates…that users can download and print out…and can be useful at the completion of a major project…or even the course as a whole.…Certificates look like this.…Before you can issue either of these award types though,…you have to create them and associate them…with your specific course which is done…through the Course Awards area.…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.