The question library in Desire2Learn (D2L) lets instructors make questions that are not associated with any specific quiz, and then add them to quizzes later. In this online training video, instructor Alan Ackmann demonstrates how to develop a question library, import library questions into a quiz, and copy existing quiz questions into the library itself.
- [Instructor] In set up automatically graded quizzes,…we covered options for quiz settings.…One thing we didn't cover, though,…is how to actually add quiz questions.…To begin adding quiz questions,…open up the previously created quiz…and then select Add/Edit Questions.…We haven't added any questions yet,…so our only option is to choose New,…but what an option it is.…As you can see, virtually any question type…you can imagine is present in D2L:…true/false, matching, ordering,…various arithmetic questions, as you can see…if you scroll down to the bottom.…
We won't go through every question type,…but I do want to demo a multiple choice question,…which is similar to several other question types,…and we'll also demo an essay question.…We'll begin by selecting Multiple Choice Question,…and that pulls up the question interface.…The first thing to add is the question text, and below that…you'll add in any answers to a multiple choice question.…I'll add some of those details now.…As you can see, when you add question text…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.