The Brightspace Daylight update for Desire2Learn (D2L) contains a new tile-based widget for the My Courses area. This online training video shows you the main behaviors of My Courses tiles, as well as how to change the default tile images and how to display an adjusted version of that image throughout your D2L course.
- [Instructor] All courses currently active…in a user's profile will be displayed on their homepage,…and if they're organized according to enrollment term,…that information will be displayed as well.…You'll see courses grouped according to spring term,…for example, so there'd be no need to hunt and peck.…If you want a more comprehensive view…of your course offerings, just…go down here to the View All Courses option.…This will bring up a fuller screen version of a widget,…which will include any active…or archived courses still available in the system.…
It will also give you an opportunity…to filter by term, department, or role.…Alternatively, you can sort the current displays by name,…code, date pinned, or access history.…In terms of appearance, each tile…and each course is associated with an image,…which changes slightly once…you hover your mouse over a particular image to show…that that course is selected.…New courses will have images loaded in by default.…
If you'd like to change the course image though,…just select a series of dots…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.