Setting up checklists for online courses using Desire2Learn (D2L) is one of the most effective ways to help keep online students organized. This training video will cover how to set up safeguards within D2L to help online students make sure they are fulfilling all course requirements, and in a sequence that puts them in the best position to succeed.
- [Instructor] As almost any online student can testify,…one of the hardest parts of an online class…is tracking deadlines and objectives.…One thing that you can do as an instructor, though,…to make this easier, is to set up user checklists.…Setting up a checklist starts by visiting…the checklists tool, which is found here…in the assessment category…of the course administration page.…Once there, select New Checklist.…Creating a checklist is spread out across several screens.…The first screen just asks you to name the checklist,…and then write up a brief description if you'd like.…
We'll title our checklist Unit One Checklist.…The only other option here is whether your checklist…will open in another window from the main course page.…We're going to say yes.…When you're done, hit Save.…This takes you to the checklist creation screen,…where you can set up categories and items,…or revise the description if you would like.…Let's say that Unit One has several different components,…including discussion boards, reading quizzes,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.