In addition to its main web-based course management system, D2L also provides a pair of external applications available in the Apple Store and Google Play. The D2L Assignment Grader allows you to download assignments and grade them on an iPad or Android tablet, while the Brightspace Pulse app provides students with some increased accessibility to key D2L functions. This online training video shows you the basics of both applications.
- [Instructor] Brightspace Daylight is compatible…with several mobile applications,…each of which extends D2L functionality…for users on the go.…These applications are D2L Assignment Grader…and Brightspace Pulse.…Let's start with the Assignment Grader,…which is available for tablets…running either MacOS or Android.…The Assignment Grader allows instructors…to download assignments and then make comments…from directly within the app.…Instructors can fill up rubrics…and even record audio or video commentary,…if they have the hardware.…
And all of this happens offline.…Then, when the user opens the app…near an Internet connection,…the feedback syncs automatically.…It's pretty handy, really,…especially for instructors who commute.…On a student level, you may wish to clue…your students into Brightspace Pulse.…Brightspace Pulse is a mobile app…compatible with Daylight,…which pulls up some of the most important elements…of the D2L platform,…while also adding new views and functionality.…From Pulse, students can check upcoming deadlines,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.