In addition to the preset roster, D2L also lets instructors or administrators manually add users to a class list. In this online training video, Alan Ackmann demonstrates how to locate new users and add them to your D2L course roster.
- [Instructor] When you first log into a D2L course,…the class list will usually display…a pre-populated roster of students…which has been synced…with your school's enrollment database.…Sometimes, though, you need to manually add students…or perhaps an outside party like a teacher's aid…or department administrator.…Adding a new user starts here in the Classlist tab,…which lists all users and their roles.…In the upper left-hand corner,…select the dropdown command for Add Participants.…You'll see several commands.…The first is to add existing users…which means you can add users that already exist…in your school's enrollment database,…whether they're associated with your course or not.…
The other options are to create new users from scratch…or to important them from a file on your computer.…Those two options aren't always available, though,…so we'll demo Add Existing Users here.…Give that command a click…and you'll be taken to the Add Existing Users interface.…The top half of the interface…allows you to set a default role…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.