The last step to creating a course in Desire2Learn (D2L) is to activate the course in the D2L library, making it viewable to students. This online training video demonstrates how to activate a course, and deactivate it once the course is ready for archiving.
- [Instructor] When setting up a course in D2L…it will initially be hidden from student view,…helpfully giving you a chance to get things…in tip-top shape before giving your students access.…In order to make your course available, though,…you'll need to activate it.…And there are two main ways to do that.…The first method is from your main user landing page.…Hover your mouse over the inactive course…you wish to make available, until the image adjusts,…and you see a small ellipses.…Select the ellipses…and the chooses Course Offering Information.…
On the resulting page,…scroll down to a relatively small option…in the middle of the page labeled Active.…And then select Course is active.…You can add a Start and End date, if you'd like.…But once you hit Save,…your students will have access to the course.…The second way to access this page…is from within the course itself.…Open up the course and then go to the Course Admin area.…Under the Site Setup category,…you'll see Course Offering Information.…
Select it, and you'll be taken…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.