The student progress feature in D2L provides at-a-glance information on how successfully individual students are achieving learning outcomes, participating in discussion boards, and meeting their grading goals. In this online training video, Alan Ackmann shows how to view, use, and interpret the user progress tool.
- [Instructor] If you've got a course set up…that relies heavily on incremental steps,…you'll wanna monitor students' progress.…Fortunately, the user progress tool makes that very simple.…In the courses class list tab,…each student will have a drop down menu next to their name.…One of the options in that drop down is view progress.…Give it a click.…The resulting screen is broken up into several sections,…depending on your course setup.…At the top, you can see preliminary grade information,…which depending on your grade book setup,…may also display the current grade, maximum grade,…and minimum grade the student can earn,…as well as what percentage of the grade…has yet to be determined.…
Immediately below grades, you'll see the student's progress…towards specific learning objectives,…as well as things like how much content they've viewed…and how much time they've spent viewing.…You can also see how many discussions threads…users have viewed and participated in,…how many assignments they have submitted,…how they've performed on quizzes, checklists, or surveys,…
- Communicating with students
- Developing course competencies and learning objectives
- Setting up a classroom, including a discussion board
- Adding quizzes and exams
- Setting up an assignment rubric
- Providing feedback
- Setting up a gradebook
- Customizing Brightspace
- Managing discussion boards
- Leveraging Brightspace mobile apps
- Using Brightspace as a student
Skill Level Beginner
1. Brightspace and Communicating with Students
2. Brightspace and Classroom Management
3. Brightspace and Assessing Student Work
4. Customizing Brightspace
5. Using Brightspace in an Online Context
Creating D2L small groups4m 36s
6. The Student's View of Brightspace
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.