Join Billy Hollis for an in-depth discussion in this video A well-designed app example, part of UX Design for Developers.
- [Instructor] This app is for owners of propane…shops to run their business.…It helps them arrange deliveries for customers…and to collect bills from customers.…This is the customer hub.…It contains the most important information that someone…needs to know when they're dealing with a customer.…This particular customer has a lot of locations…but most of them only have two or three…and you can see the most important detail…for each location is shown in a nice visual way.…Notice, for example, that this particular tank…is down to nothing so the size…of the percentage gets bigger.…
The rest of the information about the customer…that's really important is shown up at the top…including how much money they owe,…how long it's been since they got a delivery and right here,…an indicator that says that they are collect on delivery…because they owe so much money right now.…The most important actions are up here at the top.…Editing the details of the customers is a common need…and there are more options that they have to do all the time…
- What a well-designed app looks like
- Leveraging cognitive design principles
- Decluttering crowded screens
- Understanding your users' needs
- Recording and analyzing user observations
- Storyboarding your ideas
- Helpful techniques for the design process
- Dealing with conflict in design evaluation
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Interaction Designwith David Hogue3h 33m Intermediate
How this course will work1m 38s
1. Why UX Design Is Important
2. What Makes a Design Good or Bad?
3. Understanding Users and Their Needs
4. Ideation: Finding, Refining, and Culling Design Ideas
5. Helpful Concepts and Techniques for the Design Process
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.