- [Instructor] Back in the introduction to the course,…I mentioned that one of the obstacles…to doing the design phase at all…is that some decision makers…don't understand why it's needed.…Showing these stakeholders good designs…in other applications can help some.…I'm told that videos of some…of our projects have changed the minds…of some pretty hard-nosed decision makers.…But if that doesn't work,…explaining the economics of UX design might help.…UX design saves money in lots of ways,…but the three biggest value adds…are saving labor costs by improving productivity,…saving the cost of errors by helping users not make them,…and getting users up to speed faster.…
Software package companies get another big economic benefit.…A good UX design will typically lower their tech support…costs and raise customer satisfaction too.…Even in corporate settings, the ability of good UX…to promote customer engagement should not be ignored.…People like it when support reps on the phone…can take care of them faster.…Here is an example just looking at productivity.…
- What a well-designed app looks like
- Leveraging cognitive design principles
- Decluttering crowded screens
- Understanding your users' needs
- Recording and analyzing user observations
- Storyboarding your ideas
- Helpful techniques for the design process
- Dealing with conflict in design evaluation
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Interaction Designwith David Hogue3h 33m Intermediate
How this course will work1m 38s
1. Why UX Design Is Important
2. What Makes a Design Good or Bad?
3. Understanding Users and Their Needs
4. Ideation: Finding, Refining, and Culling Design Ideas
5. Helpful Concepts and Techniques for the Design Process
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.