Join Billy Hollis for an in-depth discussion in this video When to use a professional designer and how to find one, part of UX Design for Developers.
- [Instructor] I did this course because I really believe…developers should learn some basics on UX design.…Most teams do not have access to professional designers,…except possibly visual designers.…The number of interaction designers in the industry…is nowhere near enough to help most teams,…so developers and other non-designers…often have to fill that gap, but, there are special cases…where it's worth it to find and use a professional designer.…For a system with a huge user base,…excellent design has a higher payoff.…
If user mistakes are extremely costly,…it's worth investing more in design to prevent those errors.…Software packages need to stand out from their competition…and design is one of the most effective ways to do that.…When choosing a designer, be very careful…not to assume that someone with the title of designer…really has the expertise you need.…They might focus almost entirely on visual or layout design…rather than user experience design.…Visual designers often don't think deeply…about interaction design, and some really don't have…
- What a well-designed app looks like
- Leveraging cognitive design principles
- Decluttering crowded screens
- Understanding your users' needs
- Recording and analyzing user observations
- Storyboarding your ideas
- Helpful techniques for the design process
- Dealing with conflict in design evaluation
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Interaction Designwith David Hogue3h 33m Appropriate for all
How this course will work1m 38s
1. Why UX Design Is Important
2. What Makes a Design Good or Bad?
3. Understanding Users and Their Needs
4. Ideation: Finding, Refining, and Culling Design Ideas
5. Helpful Concepts and Techniques for the Design Process
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.