Amy Balliett explains what you can expect from this course on data visualization, including the the dos and don'ts of charts and graphs. To get the most out of this course, you should have a basic understanding of Adobe Illustrator.
- [Instructor] In this course, you'll learn about data visualization mistakes to avoid. I'll walk you through step by step demos on using the Adobe Illustrator graphing tool to create data visualizations at scale and to stylize them to fit any design. You don't need to be an expert at Adobe Illustrator to take this course, but you will gain more by having a high level knowledge of the program. If you need to brush up on your Illustrator, I recommend watching Illustrator CC 2017 Essential Training with Tony Harmer.
Throughout this course there will be various challenges to apply what you've learned along the way. They'll likely take about 15 to 30 minutes to complete. I recommend using Adobe Illustrator for these challenges, but you can do most of them with a pen and paper if you prefer.
To succeed in design and marketing today, one must know how to interpret and properly visualize data. This course, developed and led by Killer Infographics CEO, Amy Balliett, walks you through the ins and outs of creating accurate and compelling data visualizations. Amy focuses on best practices, not tools, although she does provide an overview of Illustrator graphing features. Using these tips, you'll learn how to stand out from the crowd and create charts and graphs that combine precision with visual appeal.
- What charts and graphs work best for different types of data
- Putting data into visual and textual context to ensure it is accurate
- Visualizing data that doesn't lend itself to imagery
- Adding visual appeal without sacrificing accuracy
- Using the Adobe Illustrator graphing tools
- Avoiding common data viz mistakes