What does it look like to create and sell a font as a side hustle? In this video, Dustin Lee of RetroSupply Co. shares how you can quickly get started building a side hustle creating fonts.
- Imagine you make an online course about how…to create manga art in Adobe Illustrator.…You'd need to create numerous videos explaining…how to use the technical tools in Illustrator,…like brushes, blending modes, layer masks, and lots more.…You might spend hundreds of hours making the course,…and then like a year later, Adobe does a massive…update on Illustrator, and suddenly,…your course isn't current anymore.…The tools work differently, and all of your work is now…outdated and requires time-consuming updates.…Now imagine creating a font.…
Maybe you can make the font from some custom lettering…you made that was rejected by a client.…You already have a good start on the font, and now you're…just filling in the characters that were missing.…You post your font file up for sale, and a steady…stream of income comes in for years,…with no updates or additional work from you.…Making fonts is especially lucrative because they tend to be…evergreen and require little in terms of updates.…I can attest from personal experience that this is the case.…
- What is a side hustle?
- Selling design resources
- What does selling fonts entail?
- Making and releasing your own fonts
- Teaching your creative skills to others
- Selling merchandise featuring your designs
- Building your passive income strategy