Discover what's new in InDesign CC 2018. Learn how to leverage these new features and enhancements to create and publish polished layouts.
- [Anne-Marie] Hi, I'm Anne-Marie Concepcion and welcome to my course on the new features in Adobe InDesign CC 2018. Now, I know that you're a busy designer or production person and you use InDesign every day to get jobs out the door, just like me. But when a major new version is released, you owe it to yourself to pause for a bit and get up to speed. What are the new features? Where can you find them? How do you use them? I'll cover all of that, of course, and whenever I can, I'm going to go beyond that because I've been using the beta software for months now, so whenever I can, I'll include some insider tips, as well as some workarounds that I've picked up to make the new features work even better.
I'll start out with an overview that shows you in one video where all the new commands and preferences are hiding. And in the next I'll cover what they fixed in this release. I also have a couple videos covering new features introduced in 2017.1, like the new document dialogue box and working with InDesign templates from Adobe Stock. Then we'll go through all the new stuff in depth, from the biggies, like endnotes and paragraph borders, to smaller ones, like the enhanced fonts menu, and more streamlined tables of contents.
Don't miss the chapter on better exports, where I show you the tremendous strides InDesign has made in this release, with accessible PDFs and cleaner HTML. Ready to get up to speed with InDesign CC 2018? I think you're going to love it, let's go.
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.