Build data visualizations that are accurate and compelling. Learn to create charts and graphs that look great and stand up to analysis.
- [Instructor] Welcome to my course on Data Visualization: Best Practices. I'm Amy Balliett, the CEO and owner of Killer Infographics. As a leading visual communication agency, we've learned a lot over the years about creating accurate and compelling data visualizations, and, in this course, I'll share those lessons with you. There's nothing like spending dozens of hours on a great piece of visual content only to find that one graph of data has not been properly visualized.
This can make a great design seem rushed, misunderstood, or, in some instances, intentionally inaccurate. This course will help you avoid the common pitfalls of data viz errors that plague too many designers today. You'll gain a thorough understanding of how to properly visualize data in a myriad of ways and you'll better understand how to use data to tell an engaging story that will drive action among your audience. Let's get started with Data Visualization: Best Practices.
To succeed in design and marketing today, one must know how to interpret and properly visualize data. This course, developed and led by Killer Infographics CEO, Amy Balliett, walks you through the ins and outs of creating accurate and compelling data visualizations. Amy focuses on best practices, not tools, although she does provide an overview of Illustrator graphing features. Using these tips, you'll learn how to stand out from the crowd and create charts and graphs that combine precision with visual appeal.
- What charts and graphs work best for different types of data
- Putting data into visual and textual context to ensure it is accurate
- Visualizing data that doesn't lend itself to imagery
- Adding visual appeal without sacrificing accuracy
- Using the Adobe Illustrator graphing tools
- Avoiding common data viz mistakes