Join Billy Hollis for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting on the UX path, part of UX Design for Developers.
- [Instructor] One of the foundations of UX design…is having some understanding…of what makes designs good or bad.…These are the principles of design.…There are many, but we're going to concentrate…on a dozen or so of the most important.…I'll then refer you to other sources…for more in-depth study on design principles.…We'll spend the most time on how to do design,…that is, what a design process looks like.…We'll keep it lightweight, which is appropriate…as a starting point for most teams…and most applications.…
This will include things like observing users,…coming up with ideas via sketching,…and evaluation of designs.…I'll finish up the course with some tips…and resources for practicing and gaining experience…in UX design.…One of my main objectives is to help you see…the entire space of application interfaces with new eyes.…I need you to break free from the habits you've formed…in the past.…Those limitations were usually formed…because of technical constraints that have been removed…with the relentless advance of technology.…
- What a well-designed app looks like
- Leveraging cognitive design principles
- Decluttering crowded screens
- Understanding your users' needs
- Recording and analyzing user observations
- Storyboarding your ideas
- Helpful techniques for the design process
- Dealing with conflict in design evaluation
Skill Level Beginner
UX Foundations: Interaction Designwith David Hogue3h 33m Intermediate
How this course will work1m 38s
1. Why UX Design Is Important
2. What Makes a Design Good or Bad?
3. Understanding Users and Their Needs
4. Ideation: Finding, Refining, and Culling Design Ideas
5. Helpful Concepts and Techniques for the Design Process
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.