Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Specifying object position in a style, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] Another new attribute…that we can include in our object styles…in InDesign CC 2018 is the position…on the page of the selected object.…For example, let's say that I am creating…an object style for a photo credit for my magazine,…and I've already manually created one here.…I mean, manually positioned it, let's zoom in a bit.…It says photo credit Joe Schmoe Photography.…I'd like the bottom edge of the frame…aligned with the bottom margin,…and I'd like it to be about one-quarter inch from the spine.…
If I select this and I come up here…and look at the proxy points,…you can see that it's a quarter-inch from the left.…That's the x measurement, that's a horizontal measurement,…but it's 6.42 inches from the top, which is not right.…This is an 11-inch tall page,…and you can clearly see it's at 10 inches.…What's happening here.…It's because I don't have the proxy point…in the right place, so I'm measuring…from the bottom left of this thing.…I'm measuring this point right here.…
I select it here, there we go.…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.