Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing forced line breaks in a TOC, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] Here's a nice little…new feature in CC 2018.…And that is the ability to remove line breaks…when generating automatic tables of contents.…Let's see how that works.…We're looking at a short book with a few chapters.…We don't have any TOC yet, but here are the chapter titles,…and you see that the designer wanted them to break…in a certain way so they inserted soft returns…or line breaks.…Not every chapter, but in a lot of them.…So here's another one.…No line breaks there but I think we have another one.…
There at Wide Angle Studies and so on.…So if I go up to our little page…that's reserved for our table of contents,…and I place the table of contents.…We're going to use the Chapter Title.…And we're using the CC 2018 TOC style…if you have the exercise files.…I'll click okay and then click right here to place it.…And you see this happening?…So this is happening to me all the time.…I come in here and have to only zoom in a bit…and I delete these manually so they fit.…
And I won't go through all of them.…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.