In this video, learn a tip on how to force InDesign to recompose the text in the document.
- [Presenter] Continuing with our book project, … here is where are, we've placed the text, … we've done the major formatting of the text, … we've placed the graphics, … we've anchored the graphics into the text flow. … Now we're going to turn our attention to fixing problems … with the composition of our text. … We'll fix short last lines … and H&J violations, widows, and orphans. … But before we do that, I just want show you a problem … that may occur for you and how we fix that problem. … So here I am, and I have a blank page … next to my left-hand page. … I have a continuous text flow. … Remember, we are using primary text frames here … and the story is flowing from one to the next. … Except, sometimes InDesign forgets to do this, … we need to give it a little nudge. … So, if you see a blank page and you think, … wait a minute, what's going on there? … Here is how we can force our text to recompose. … One way would just be to give … that text frame a little nudge. … That alone will do it, so I'll just undo that. …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.