In this video, learn how to place the text document and have it automatically create pages for all the text using a Primary Text Frame and Smart Text Reflow.
- [Instructor] Our next step is to place our text. … Before we do so, I want to point out our text file. … Here it is in Word. … Two things I want you to notice. … The length of the line looks fine the way it is, … but when I turn on my hidden characters, … we see that we have a carriage return … at the end of every line. … These will have to be removed … and that's something that we'll do in the following step. … But know that when we place our text file, … it's going to start out looking really terrible. … There's also lots of spacing problems, … as you can see indicated here. … And then the other thing is … that I've gone through this … and entered image references and, for that, … let me just increase the view size here, … I'm just putting the page number inside square brackets. … Square brackets used nowhere else in this text, … so it's going to be easy for us to use Find and Change … in InDesign to find these … and then, ultimately, to remove them. … But I put these image references in there …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.