In this video, learn how to create an inline graphic.
- [Instructor] So I've anchored all of the images … with the exception of this one, … and I'm going to make an exception for this one … because it's horizontal, … the only horizontal image in the book. … I could rotate the image and then make it … a full-page image, but in this case … I'm going to make it into an inline image. … Let me just drag it onto the paste board … and double-click on the image itself … to select the picture frame that's part … of the group. … I will now fit the frame to the content. … Cmd + Opt or Ctrl + Alt + C … and then drag that down … so that it meets the caption below. … It's still a group, so when I deselect, … I can reselect it as a group. … I'll now cut that, Cmd or Ctrl + X, … and I'm going to paste it onto a blank line … in the text flow. … Let's just come and turn off the baseline grid … for the time being. … I'll double-click to insert my cursor, … press Return to create a blank line, … move onto that blank line, … and now select the paragraph mark. …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.