Get up to speed with the current direction the logo design industry is going. Get resources and guidance for leveraging the latest trends to create stylish, relevant solutions.
- I know very few one-dimensional designers. In private conversations with others in our craft I'm often floored to discover their broad diversity of interests outside of design that make them so much more valuable to their clients. I suspect you have additional interests and experiences that have exponentially expanded your own imagination, and improved your insights that lead to brilliant solutions. I, too, have tremendously broad interests, but seldom shared them before receiving a degree in design. My first degree was actually in business. It's probably that dual pursuit that helps me bridge clients that live in the objective world, with designers that are much more subjective. I suspect it's also directly related to my fascination with creating these logo trend reports. Taking the thousands of logos created by stellar designers around the world, and submitted to Logo Lounge, and analyzing them to empirically determine what's trending and what's not. This year alone I perused the aggregate data we collected on more than 30,000 logos we reviewed for this report. I also subjectively used the creative side of my brain to isolate the visual nuances that data will never perceive. The result, some pretty stunning brand insights to what you store, what's working now, and where this forecast sees our trajectory taking us. We'll explore new methods to craft shading, and layering that will add depth and dimension, as well as sharing potential pitfalls to avoid. See how our collective minds are focusing in on pattern to capture the eye of a public that maybe showing some fatigue with traditional surface treatments. Prepare for some in-depth discovery of geometric application, trending shapes, and hidden spaces. Find out why the linework of our design is losing luster, and how inventive creatives are burnishing fresh techniques to jump it into a new orbit of relevance, and as we wrap up our exploration, be ready to stop, take flight, and open doors on prevalent trends that have a deeper impact on symbolism than you may have imagined. A literal legion of designers' best and most powerful work is packed in this report, full of smart ways to press the consumer's buttons. Let's start pressin' buttons.
- Effectively integrating fresh pattern in logos
- Why geometric shapes show such traction in logo design
- Trending directions to develop dimension in marks
- Giving new life to logo line work with contour and gradation
- Evolving symbolism found in punctuation, wings, and doors
- How to make the surface of a mark more relevant
- Discovering symbolism in negative space