Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Linked text frame tips, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] I'm going to assume that you've seen…the video I just did that gives you an overview…of how the new InDesign CC 2018 feature link text…in CC libraries works.…Now we want to dive deep into a few different aspects…of using them day to day.…We're looking at a brochure that is linked…to CC library text block right here, called Testimonial,…and I've already dragged this same block into Testimonial…test and magazine.…
And you can see that they all have the Cloud icon,…indicating that they are linked to the version in the Cloud.…The first thing that you need to remember…is that you can't separate formatting and text.…Everything is linked together.…For example, if you don't mind the formatting,…but you want to change the text, for example,…here if I zoom in and I delate the word sneaking,…that works fine.…But as soon as somebody updates this item,…and I just double click it to update.…
I'll just add to word sneaking and interesting,…then I'll close the temporary InDesign file…that gets created, saving my changes, and I click here.…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.