Join Bonnie Siegler for an in-depth discussion in this video I notice/I wonder, part of Working with Creatives.
- One of the most challenging aspects…of a creative collaboration is reacting to the big reveal…when you see the work for the first time.…The whole room turns to you, the client,…seeking your words of wisdom.…Maybe you will instantly know what you like…or don't like and why, but more often,…you aren't actually sure how you feel.…Meanwhile, we are at a vulnerable moment…in our collaboration, and your response…and how you deliver it will greatly impact the next phase.…
Here's a foolproof way to work your way…through the feelings out loud,…while also considering those of your collaborator.…Begin with an I notice blank statement.…Here's an example.…I notice how powerful that image is now,…and you really followed our request for color.…Something like that, or I notice you handled the logo…in lots of different ways across the solution,…there's so much to choose from.…I notice how happy this whole presentation makes me.…
Fill in the blank with virtually anything…you notice about the work, without passing any judgment.…
- Knowing your own taste and what you're looking for
- Creating a brief
- Knowing your budget
- Best practices for working with designers
- Giving feedback
- Being a fair judge
- What to do when it's not working
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Hire a Designer
2. About Money
3. Working with a Designer
4. When It's Not Working with a Designer
5. After the Job Is Done
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.