Join Rayce Bird for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Photoshop: Texturing and Shading Techniques.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop, as I have here. Let's open up this folder, and the first folder you're going to see is preparing the artboard. This works with our very first video. And you'll see the boy and our little castle in there. And the second folder, in this folder, we'll see some real-world examples as well as our texture files. And the third folder, we will see a Photoshop file of our material shaders. And then in the MASTER folder, we have all the chapters in there.
And after every video, we have a master Photoshop file that you can access for every chapter. If you lose your place, you can go and extract one of these master files to catch up. If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you to still follow along as we go through the course. Now let's get started.
- Setting up an artboard
- Cleaning up lines
- Using material shaders
- Working with base highlights and shadows
- Setting up seamless textures
- Creating color and surface texture
- Balancing colors and values
- Handling transparency
- Adjusting a main light source
- Refining highlights and shadows
- Working with specularity and roughness