Join Bonnie Siegler for an in-depth discussion in this video Good, fast, and cheap, part of Working with Creatives.
- Everyone loves a sale.…Everyone loves getting something for less…then someone else did.…And when the best is available now for less…that's the perfect trifecta,…when you're buying deodorant.…For creative projects you should consider yourself lucky…if you can get two out of those three.…Getting them all is a near impossibility,…because if it's good and fast more people need…to be involved, schedules need to be changed…so that everyone can jump in and make this happen…as quickly as possible.…
There's a price for that kind of service,…so it won't be cheap.…Most people understand rush fees,…it's part of our everyday lives,…so this one is the easiest to get across.…If it's good and cheap it will take longer…because other work won't be put on the back burner…to take care of the project…where there's no money to be made.…Other work will be a priority…and this work will be approached when there's time,…so it won't be fast.…If it's fast and cheap I can pretty much guarantee you…it won't be good.…
You see the work on those websites…
- Knowing your own taste and what you're looking for
- Creating a brief
- Knowing your budget
- Best practices for working with designers
- Giving feedback
- Being a fair judge
- What to do when it's not working
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Hire a Designer
2. About Money
3. Working with a Designer
4. When It's Not Working with a Designer
5. After the Job Is Done
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.