Join Bonnie Siegler for an in-depth discussion in this video Giving feedback, part of Working with Creatives.
- First of all, I have to say being a good client…is not synonymous with being an easy client.…In fact, most of the time it's the clients…who challenge and question designers more…who get the best results.…You can be opinionated, and assertive,…and probing, and be the perfect client.…This is the beauty of a great collaboration.…Another way to think about this…is to be confident without being arrogant.…Confidence is a beautiful thing.…You know who you are, what you're doing,…and most importantly, you know what you don't know.…
Confidence is not threatened…by someone else having a good idea or a better idea.…Remember, good solutions make you look good,…and they take nothing away from you.…Another huge dream of ours is to receive all of the feedback…for each phase of a project at once.…If that means we have to wait a few days, that's fine.…Problems arise when we get a new email…with a new thought every few hours.…First of all, the more emails we receive,…the greater the chance…of something getting lost in the shuffle.…
- Knowing your own taste and what you're looking for
- Creating a brief
- Knowing your budget
- Best practices for working with designers
- Giving feedback
- Being a fair judge
- What to do when it's not working
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Hire a Designer
2. About Money
3. Working with a Designer
4. When It's Not Working with a Designer
5. After the Job Is Done
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.