In this video, learn about formatting the text of the dedication pages.
- [Instructor] Continuing with the formatting … of the front matter, the next thing that we need to do … is sort out the dedications, and there are two of them. … Let's just take a look at the finished version. … Here is the first of them … and here is the second. … And on the second, … you can see that every other line is indented. … So starting out with the first, … both are currently based upon the body text. … I'm going to select that. … And because they're based on the body text, … they have that first line indent, which I'll remove. … I'll change the alignment to center. … And in the case of this one, … I am going to break the link to the style. … And now I just want to add in some line breaks … to shape the text. … Insert my cursor before the point … where I want to break the line … and press Shift+Return. … So we now have this interesting … chandelier shape for our dedication. … I would like the text to start further down on the page. … And as my reference, I'm just going to page forward …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.