In this video, learn how to show and how to address hyphenation and justification problems.
- [Instructor] Continuing with our theme … of finessing the text, in this step we are going … to fix any h and j violations: … hyphenation and justification violations. … We have a very useful composition preference … to aid us in this. … So I'll come to my preferences and if you're a Windows user, … you'll find your preferences at the bottom of the edit menu. … Then come to composition, h and j violations. … We will now see highlighted in yellow any places … where InDesign can't honor the hyphenation … and justification settings that we have chosen. … Now I should point out that referring back … to a much earlier step when we defined the body text style, … we set up the hyphenation and justification settings … for that style. … And because of those settings, … we have relatively little yellow highlighting. … That's good. … So let me just remind you of those settings. … I'll just come and edit the body style and justification. … It's the fact that we're allowing … some letter spacing variation …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.