Join Bonnie Siegler for an in-depth discussion in this video Everything is emotional, part of Working with Creatives.
- People behave differently at work…than they do at home or with friends.…They're more reserved, more professional.…In short, less human,…but their emotions are still there,…simmering just beneath the surface.…This is also true for creatives…who are doing something that seems…a bit mysterious to non-creatives.…Acknowledging and accepting that emotions…are a normal part of the creative process,…and the resulting client dynamic…will help everyone in every collaboration.…
This kind of work requires that we share…the inner workings of our brains and our hearts.…Doing it well means we've made…an emotional connection with your audience,…which we can only do by pouring…our emotional selves into the work.…Those emotions sometimes overflow,…especially when it's not going well.…Our professional persona will try to remain calm and cool,…but another part of us,…the one that stayed up all night to make it perfect,…will be devastated.…
We may get emotional.…We may even cry,…and that's okay, it's part of the process.…You, too, may find yourself more emotional…
- Knowing your own taste and what you're looking for
- Creating a brief
- Knowing your budget
- Best practices for working with designers
- Giving feedback
- Being a fair judge
- What to do when it's not working
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Hire a Designer
2. About Money
3. Working with a Designer
4. When It's Not Working with a Designer
5. After the Job Is Done
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.