- Research and design thinking
- Defining client expectations with a creative brief
- Drawing shapes before you build them
- Building precisely using the clockwork method
- Using symmetry to streamline your workflow
- Art directing yourself
- Presenting effectively using design rationales
- Responding to client revisions
- Archiving and reusing unused ideas
Skill Level Intermediate
- As creatives, we work on a lot of different projects every year. And along the way, we can face design problems requiring an illustrative approach to solve it be it a brand character design, an icon design, a promotional graphic, or a new brand identity. Developing and executing on these types of projects requires an illustrative approach that can be very challenging for a designer not adept at drawing. So how do you approach these types of projects, and what skills are required? In this course, you'll learn the key to designing is developing a systematic creative process, starting with innovative thinking, refining your drawing skills, learning new tools that make the task of creating easier, and ultimately turning your drawn ideas into precise vector artwork that can be used virtually anywhere. My name is Von Glitschka. For over 30 years I've been creating professional artwork for multinational brands and small businesses. My work reflects a symbiotic relationship between design and illustration. I like to call it illustrative design. The approach and methods I share in this course will transform your vector-building skills, making the creative task easier and more efficient and helping you to produce a greater range of ideas in your own work. Welcome to Drawing Vector Graphics.
Drawing Vector Graphics: Brand Character Designwith Von Glitschka2h 35m Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Iconographywith Von Glitschka3h 54m Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Painting with Vectorswith Von Glitschka4h 21m Intermediate
Social Media for Graphic Designerswith Von Glitschka3h 19m Intermediate
5-Day Drawing Challenge: Drawing Inspirationwith Von Glitschka29m 32s Intermediate
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Art
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.