In this video, learn about formatting the text of the title and half-title pages.
- [Instructor] In this movie I am going … to format the text for … the Title page and the Half-Title page. … Beginning with the Title page, … let's choose my Type tool … and come and select the text, … Command or Control + A. … I'll zoom in on it. … Now this text currently has the Body style applied to it. … The first thing I'm going to do … is break the link to the style … so that this is now completely independent of any changes … that may be made to the Body style. … I'll come to my Paragraph formats, … we'll center it, … we'll remove the first line indent, … and then return to my Character formats. … Now, select just that first line. … I'm going to use the keyboard shortcuts … to increase my type size. … Before I do this, … Command or Control + K … will take me to my Preferences. … Units and Increments. … I'm going to change my Keyboard Increments to one … for the size and the leading. … This is just going to give me a bit finer control. … Command + Shift + > or Control + Shift + > …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.